Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

-1 Day

Yesterday's counts were super high. in the 800s. This gives me a lot of room to drift down until tomorrow--even if my counts go down, it's doubtful they will be in the danger range. It looks like 2 goals will be met!

Jimmy and I hadn't done any baby shopping together, so I was really happy we were able to go do some shopping and looking together on Sunday. He's been working so hard lately. It was wonderful to see him get so excited. Since we knew the baby was going to be here for Christmas, we really wanted to pick out a special outfit. The only place that had preemie sizes was WalMart. We did find two really cute outfits and picked up a few more sleepers. The baby may only need that size for a couple weeks, but at least we'll be prepared. While we were shopping, I was seriously waddling. I felt like I was moving so slowly!

It's hard to believe that at the end of this week (because who knows how long labor will take), we will be a family of 3. I'm so glad Jimmy and I have made an effort to spend time together alone because we'll never have that time back. That doesn't mean anything bad against the baby, just that things will be different. We've wanted and waited for this a long time. When I think about last summer, being told to not have children and the mourning we went through, I'm still a little amazed we are at this point now. We'd pretty much accepted that adoption would be our route to parenthood. With all the trouble the ITP has been, it's been nothing short of a miracle that this baby has been as healthy as it has. I feel so thankful when I read on BabyCenter.com about the women who are dealing with bed rest, pre-term labor, pre-eclampisa, bleeding, etc. that I haven't had those issues.

And tomorrow, we go in to have OUR baby. It's not a cousin, not a niece, not a nephew, not a friend's, not someone else's....this is mine and Jimmy's baby! We get to take it home and love and and squeeze it and call it George! Or whatever else we might want to call it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So stinking excited for you! Praying for your health and for a wonderful experience for you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete